Mental Health/Substance Abuse Counselor - Bronx SS Program
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department/Program:||Bronx SS Program|
|Description:||The Mental Health/Substance Abuse Counselor provides mental health- and substance abuse-related services for HIV/AIDS afflicted clients and their collaterals and determines the clients’ needs for counseling and/or rehabilitation. |
• Timely completion of mental health and substance abuse assessments.
• Provision of individual, group and family counseling services.
• Coordination of services with providers within and outside Comunilife.
• Monitoring and re-assessing client’s needs for treatment and community education on mental health- and substance abuse-related issues and collaborating in the development and implementation of service plans.
• Home visits and field work required.
|Qualifications:||EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: |
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field; with four (4) years’ work experience in mental health and/or substance abuse fields, providing ongoing counseling to HIV/AIDS individuals and their families. Group counseling experience required. Preference given to persons with experience in Scattered Site Housing Programs, bilingual (Spanish)
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent and comprehensive program of benefits for eligible employees that includes: health, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, pension, 401K and paid time off.
Comunilife is an equal opportunity employer.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.