Clinical Supervisor – Prospect
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||We are looking for a Clinical Supervisor to supervise and train case management staff of the Prospect House (permanent congregate housing for seniors). This position coordinates the delivery of social support services for all clients. The Clinical Supervisor also assists with the intake process of new clients. Major responsibilities include administration of the program, monitoring program services, building relationships with other agencies, and supervising and evaluating social service staff.|
Prospect Residence is Comunilife’s first residence for seniors and for mixed populations. Located in the Bronx, this seven-story “green” building has 60 studio apartments; 35 tenants are older New Yorkers with HIV/AIDS who have been referred by HASA;, and 25 are low-income seniors from the community. The building’s amenities include a dining room, solarium, outdoor sitting area and a planting garden.
Residents receive a wide range of services including:
◾Access to substance abuse and mental health counseling
|Qualifications:||KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:|
• Extensive knowledge of principles and practices of HIV/AIDS case management supervision.
• Knowledge of HRA Scattered Site Program guidelines
• Responsible, organized, effective, and efficient.
• Ability to perform multiple assignments simultaneously.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing, vocally, and to listen actively.
• Community minded, patient, creative, flexible, compassionate, and culturally sensitive to persons who are diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness.
• Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with other Comunilife employees, Federal, State, and City officials, professional and technical groups, clients, and the general public.
• Licensed Masters in Social Work (LMSW) or New York State Licensed Certified Social Worker (LCSW).
• Two (2) years to five (5) years supervisory experience, overseeing a case management team.
• Individual, family and group counseling experience required, particularly with seniors, HIV/AIDS affected populations and/or substance abuse individuals.
• Candidates with experience in Scattered Sites Programs, bi-lingual, bi-cultural in Spanish preferred.
• HIV/AIDS pre-test and post-test certificates.
Walking and climbing stairs.
Home visits and field work required. General office work environment. This is a fulltime, forty-hour (40) a week job. Evenings and weekends are required to meet program needs.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent and comprehensive program of benefits for eligible employees that includes: health, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, pension, 401K and paid time off.