Case Manager - HRA BX SS
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department/Program:||Bronx SS Program|
|Description:||Comunilife is a premier provider of housing, mental health, and HIV/AIDS services in New York City. Our programs benefit more than 2,500 people each year – helping them overcome challenges related to extreme poverty; chronic homelessness; serious behavioral and medical issues; and, linguistic and acculturation barriers.|
Our staff members work with a supportive team of supervisors and peers, receive in-depth training and ongoing opportunities for professional development, and, are part of an organization that recognizes, celebrates, and promotes personal and cultural strengths.
|Duties:||RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: |
1. Perform all activities related to case management for assigned caseload including initial assessment(s), timely comprehensive service plans, service plan reviews and progress notes.
2. Maintain and document liaisons with other agencies providing services to assigned cases.
Provide supportive counseling and crisis intervention as needed.
3. Monitor compliance and management of the client’s health, mental health and substance abuse treatment needs.
4. Provide assistance with all ADL activities to facilitate clients’ independence in the community.
Advocacy and referral as needed.
5. Monitor and re-assess client’s needs for treatment and community education on chemical dependency related issues.
|Qualifications:||EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT(s): |
Bachelor’s degree required. 2-3 consecutive years of work experience in substance abuse and HIV/AIDS issues.
Valid New York State CASAC or CASAC-T Certificate preferred.
Experience with HIV/AIDS afflicted individuals, chronic mental illness, substance abuse individuals and their families a plus.
Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills required Bilingual, English/Spanish, a plus.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent and comprehensive program of benefits for eligible employees that include: health, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, pension, 401K and paid time off.