Maintenance Specialist - Various Locations
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Benefits:|| Comprehensive benefits, including 90% employer-paid health insurance|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Comunilife is looking for hard working Maintenance Specialists to work in a team environment. For more than 25 years, we have been a provider of supportive housing, both scatter site and congregate, for individuals with serious mental illness and/or chronic medical issues such as HIV/AIDS.|
Current Openings at:
Bronx HRA Scatter Site Program
Brooklyn HRA Scatter Site Program
DR I in the Mott Haven section of the Bronx
Safe Haven I Program in the Bronx
DHS Stand Alone Transitional Program on Monroe Avenue, Bronx
New El Rio Facility in the West Farm section of the Bronx
|Duties:||Responsibilities Include: |
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness, repair, and safety of facilities used for congregate, supported and transitional housing, scatter site programs and office spaces.
-Move clients furniture and personal effects as required.
- Includes general mechanical repairs; apartment type heating and cooling systems; painting; and minor construction skills; such as dry walling, painting and patching and plugging holes; and attending to grounds; including snow and debris removal.
- Must also be able to perform routine maintenance
- Must be knowledgeable about, and capable of complying with general City regulations regarding garbage collection, snow removal, and street cleanliness.
- Must be able to keep accurate inventory of supplies by tracking usage and re-ordering through administrative personnel
|Qualifications:||REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:|
-Physical requirements: lift at least 50 lbs, and walk, stand, push or pull, climb stairs and ladders frequently, bend, carry goods including furniture, supplies and equipment and exert all other medium to heavy physical effort.
- 1 year of maintenance experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must understand verbal and written instructions in English.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
- Driver's License is a big plus with a clean record.
Comunilife provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.