Counselor FT - Community Residence I
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive benefits, including 90% employer-paid health insurance|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department/Program:||Community Residence I|
|Description:||In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating Mental Health services for mentally ill homeless adults residing in a ten unit 24-month transitional OMH licensed Community Residence on West 173rd Street in Manhattan. |
|Duties:||Responsibilities Include: |
- Assist with coordination and implementation of clinical activities that provide culturally competent service planning to help residents with identifying needs according to the mission of the program.
- Provide assistance to mental health counselors with emphasizing psycho-education, medication management, money management, entitlements, securing permanent housing and activities of daily living.
- Maintain resident-based caseload as determined by the needs of the program.
- Complete weekly progress notes in accordance with Medicaid billing procedures.
- Coordinate crisis intervention with mental health and/or substance abuse providers such as hospitals, detoxification clinics, day treatment programs, therapeutic communities, etc.
- Report to Assistant Program Director all deficiencies within the facility to assure all safety standards are met in accordance with program policy and mandates.
|Qualifications:||REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS|
- Working knowledge of Principles and practices of Comunilife Human Resources policies and procedures and executive directives.
- Working knowledge of regulations for Part 595 and Medicaid funding and reimbursement procedures.
- Responsible, organized, effective, and efficient.
- Ability to perform within a team and accomplish multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, ability to employ active listening skills, and computer literacy.
- Knowledge of New York State Office of Mental Health and New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene system (DOHMH), Housing and Urban Development (HUD), providers and related resources.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Health/Human Service (BA/BSW) preferred; may be substituted by four years of mental health counseling and/or administrative experience in mental health/housing experience with supervision by a licensed professional.
- Training in conflict resolution and solid clinical skills
- Experience working with mentally ill individuals
- Bilingual skills in English/Spanish preferred
Comunilife provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.