Housing Development Project Manager
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Comunilife's Real Estate Department is under new leadership and is growing! We have projects at every phase of development - from initial underwriting to rent-up, along with an established portfolio. We are looking for a Project Manager with experience managing complex affordable and supportive housing projects from feasibility assessments, site selection and pre-development through design and construction. The Project Manager will report directly to the Vice President for Real Estate and Asset Management.|
|Duties:||Key Priorities: |
-A deep understanding of and experience with affordable housing, green design and construction for new development, and retrofit of existing buildings.
-Knowledge and understanding of tax credit financing/compliance and supportive housing.
-Managing projects so that they are completed on time and on budget.
1) Project Administration and Construction Closing: Manage the development team to ensure that the project pre-development schedule is adhered to. This includes financing, design and construction consultants. Coordinate property acquisitions and closings with funders and attorneys. Manage permitting and approval process with municipal officials, legal counsel and architects. Coordinate community outreach and resident processes. Prepare related reports required for board, internal management, funders and investors.
2) Feasibility and Project Funding: Work with staff and consultants to conduct, review and refine the analysis of overall economic feasibility as needed. Assist with identification of funding opportunities; prepare or coordinate tax credit, bond and other applications or proposals, and all materials necessary to secure commitments as needed. Assist in preparing documents for the Board of Directors and its Housing and Finance Committees.
3) Project Construction, Monitoring & Permanent Closing: Closely monitor the construction process and push projects to finish on time and within budget. Work with project team to resolve financial and other issues that arise during this period. Assure compliance with tax credit, bond and other agreements. Provide asset management team with financial closing summary. Work with asset management in addressing any tax-related or post-closing financial or building performance concerns. Coordinate marketing and lease-up with property management staff to ensure that timely occupancy and financial goals are met and the agency complies with regulatory restrictions necessary for stabilization of the project.
4) Support Existing Agency LIHTC and Affordable Housing Projects: Assist in planning and carrying out limited or substantial rehabilitation of existing agency owned LIHTC and affordable rental housing projects. Conduct other asset management monitoring and analysis activities as directed.
5) Project Prospecting, Initiation, and Programming: When needed, assist in identifying and researching properties for potential acquisition and assist with site control. Ensure completion of necessary due diligence to protect the owner and investors.
|Qualifications:||-Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and minimum of three years of professional experience in affordable housing development, urban planning, community development, or related field; or |
-Masters degree and two years of professional experience. Experience must include application of low-income housing tax credits
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.