Housing Development Project Manager
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||We are looking for a Project Manager for our Housing Development department with experience managing complex affordable and supportive housing projects from feasibility assessments, site selection and pre-development through design and construction. The Project Manager will report directly to the Vice President for Real Estate and Asset Management.|
|Duties:||Key Priorities: |
• A deep understanding of and experience with affordable housing, green design and construction for new development and retrofit of existing buildings.
• Knowledge and understanding of tax credit financing/compliance and supportive housing.
• Managing projects so that they are completed on time and on budget.
1) Project Administration and Closing: Manage the development team including design and construction consultants. Coordinate property acquisitions and closings with funders and attorneys. Manage permitting and approval process with municipal officials, legal counsel and architects. Coordinate community and residents processes. Prepare reports required for board, internal management, funders and investors.
2) Project Construction, Monitoring & Closing: Closely monitor the construction process and push projects to finish on time and within budget. Work with project team to resolve financial and other issues that arise during this period. Assure compliance with tax credit, bond and other agreements. Provide financial closing summary and work with appropriate Comunilife staff in addressing any tax-related or post-closing financial or building performance concerns. Coordinate marketing and lease-up with any appropriate staff to ensure that occupancy and financial goals and restrictions are met.
3) Feasibility and Project Funding: Conduct, review and refine the analysis of real estate transactions. Identify funding opportunities; prepare tax credit, bond and other applications and proposals, and all materials necessary to secure commitments. Prepare documents for the Board of Directors and its Housing and Finance Committees.
|Qualifications:||• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and minimum of three years of professional experience in affordable housing development, urban planning, community development, or related field; or |
• Master’s degree and two years of professional experience. Experience must include application of low-income housing tax credits