Director of Facilities
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Are you someone who is an experienced Facilities Director, able to be hands-on as well as train maintenance specialists? Are you also looking to make a difference in the lives of NYC's most vulnerable individuals? If you are then, apply today! Reporting to the VP for Programs, this position is responsible for the managing, directing and assisting in the overall planning, direction, and coordination of facilities maintenance and operations; as well as for maintaining equipment, fleet, inventory, and grounds of all facilities. Supervises maintenance specialists and maintenance supervisors.|
|Duties:||Supervises and controls activities involving facilities inspections and audits by funding sources, and ensures observance of applicable laws, codes, and ordinances (including housing codes and Fire Safety regulations). Handle violations that may occur by representing Comunilife and affiliates at Hearings (ECB/DOB)|
2. Responsible for oversight of repairs in the residential programs and scatter site apartments
3. Maintains responsibility for organizationís fleet by ensuring appropriate schedule of
maintenance and repair, current registrations, authorized driverís list, etc.
4. Plans, schedules and inspects short and long-term facilities maintenance management
initiatives, including preventive maintenance and repair/installation projects and supervises outside contractors;
5. Interviews, supervises, evaluates, disciplines and sets work schedules of staff; coordinates
discussions with each direct report regarding goal setting, performance reviews and career development planning for all Maintenance staff (Residential and scatter site)
6. Establishes systems to train staff to meet performance and safety standards;
7. Initiates and directs planned maintenance programs for a variety of service contracts, including
vehicle maintenance; varied equipment; and develop best practices and innovative implementation;
8. Schedules facility maintenance including writing specifications for Request for Proposal
(RFP), estimates on equipment, labor, materials, and other related costs;
9. Oversees security programs and Fire Prevention Systems;
10. Manages the Receiving and Inventory function as directed;
11. Keeps in compliance with, and abreast of, all OSHA and Agency regulations and safety
Initiatives, including ensures annual inspections of the elevators, boilers
12. Understands creating business goals and metrics; and executing plans to meet those goals;
13. Understands that outstanding customer service is essential, as is the ability to provide
creative, flexible, prompt, and compassionate services to internal and external customers (such as APDs, Clients)
14. Responsible for maintaining helpdesk and/or salesforce as it pertains to work orders.
15. Must respond 24/7 to agency emergencies. Ability to work flexible hours, including
weekends and holidays; and
16. Perform other duties as assigned
|Qualifications:|| Communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management|
 Strong supervisory and leadership skills, and ability to train, teach, and motivate your staff.
 Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of skilled and semi-skilled personnel.
 Ability to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities and situations; active listening skills
 Strong mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of general carpentry, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, painting, landscaping, general custodial practices and mechanical systems; excellent trouble shooting and diagnostic skills
 Must be computer literate with a proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook. Must be able to learn Support Services Web-based Work Order System.
Education and Experience Requirement(s)
Minimum of seven years of progressive experience and responsibility in a facility maintenance field, five of which were holding a supervisory position directing a multi-functional maintenance staff at multiple sites. BS Degree or Associates Degree with technical training in Plant Maintenance, Facility Management or equivalent is desired. . Knowledge of all mechanical areas such as painting, electrical, plumbing, custodial and HVAC. Strong analytical skills and business mathematical skills.
Driverís License required; Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Very physical job. See below Ė Working Conditions
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb ladders, bend and lift objects of up to 50 lbs. Exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
Certifications & Licenses Required
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.