Program Director- DHS Transitional Congregate Housing
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department/Program:||Standalone Transitional Residence DHS|
|Description:||Program Director for new 66 unit DHS Standalone Transitional Congregate Housing Program.|
If you have five or more years of experience in direct care with individuals with chronic homelessness, mental illness, substance abuse issues and at least three years of supervisory experience overseeing a DHS program we want to interview you today!
The Program Director is responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of a DHS Standalone Transitional Congregate Housing Program located on East 136th Street in the Bronx.
The qualified individual will direct all operations which includes hiring, training and supervising staff, ensuring that clients receive all required services, developing and implementing policies and procedures to continuously improve the quality of services provided and ensuring that the facility is maintained. On call 24/7.
|Duties:||1. Oversee the daily operation of the program and ensure that all required services are provided for this congregate residential program according to DHS requirements.|
2. Responsible for maintaining the program occupancy rate.
3. Hire, train and supervise staff and provide clinical oversight of program.
4. Responsible for enforcing policies and procedures in compliance with Federal, State and City laws, rules and regulations and Comunilife policies.
4. Ensure that program complies with contract requirements as per DHS regulations.
5. Review and approve placement of all referrals.
6. Ensure that all required documentation is accurate, complete and filed appropriately.
7. Ensure the quality of services provided and participates in regular Quality Improvement Committee meetings.
8. Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reports as requested by Comunilife and DHS.
9. Lead team meetings and attend case conferences with DHS and/or community providers.
10. Oversee the coordination of mental illness services with other community services such as inpatient, oupatient, emergency, and day treatment, and design services to close gaps in the continuum of services.
11. Design and implement a comprehensive program evaluation. Evaluate/review employees' annual job performance.
12. Prepare any and all correspondence relative to the residence as requested by government and funding sources. Responsible for addressing and correcting any and all deficiencies, which may be cited as a result of audits conducted by the funding sources.
|Qualifications:||1. Expert and solid Knowledge of mental illness and chemical dependency and Experience working in a congregate setting.|
2. Ability to provide emergency intervention to clients living with mental health issues.
3. Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of subordinate clinical and administrative staff.
4. Ability to perform in a team approach and accomplish multiple assignments at the same time.
5. Ability to administer and monitor program services, and understand program regulations and guidelines.
6. Ability to build relationships with other agencies and other Comunilife programs.
7. Experience with evaluation and management of social service staff.
8. Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and integrity a must.
9. Ability to work well in a team environment and must have experience working with a diverse group of people, good customer orientation, and be hard-working.
10. Ability to organize and write procedures in a logical/methodical manner, well-developed administrative skills and good time management skills required, with good oral and written communication skills.
If you have a Masters Degree in Social Work (MSW); LMSW or LCSW preferred, plus, three (3) to five years of administrative and supervisory experience operating congregate residential program, with five or more years of experience in providing direct services related to the treatment and recovery of homeless persons living with serious mental illness and/or substance abuse, please submit your application today for immediate consideration. Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.