Creative Arts Therapist PT - LIP
|Location:||New York , NY|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Department/Program:||Life is Precious|
|Description:||We are looking for a Creative Arts Specialist to offer activities for Latina girls from 12 to 18 years old.|
Life is Precious program is to prevent suicide attempts through engagement activities and community building.
LIP has three sites: Bronx, Brooklyn and Queens.
The Creative Arts Therapist will develop activities including art, drama, sports, music, games, discussion, and process groups to create a warm and supportive as well as empowering environment.
• Cultivating an environment of caring that offers individuals a chance to develop positive relationships and connections with peers and other residents.
• Maintaining a curriculum of dynamic and engaging daily activities, outings(libraries,museums, cultural events, etc.), and therapeutic groups that provide opportunities for psychosocial enrichment.
• Collaborating with other programs to plan activities.
• Creating opportunities through activities that promote cultural self-awareness, self-esteem, ethical behavior, compassion, integrity, patience, respect, responsibility, and social consciousness.
• Serving as a resource to staff at other facilities in need of assistance in generating and planning activities.
• Identifying psychosocial needs of clients, communicating these needs to case management staff and developing individualized strategies for addressing these needs.
• Identifying and developing relationships with community providers who offer psychosocial enrichment activities.
• Maintaining timely and accurate documentation of services provided and generating weekly and monthly reports as needed.
|Qualifications:||KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:|
• Knowledge of principles and practices of psycho-social rehabilitation with chronic/clinically ill individuals.
• Knowledge of HRA Supportive Housing Program Desk Guide.
• Responsible, organized, effective, and efficient. Ability to perform multiple assignments simultaneously.
• Strong communication skills (verbal, writing and active listening).
• Community minded, patient, creative, flexible, compassionate, and culturally sensitive to persons who are living with severe and persistent mental illness.
• Ability to maintain an attitude of professionalism, collegiality, and optimism with both staff and peers.
• Ability to lead spontaneous appropriate activities when needed.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum Bachelors Degree in Behavioral Science or related area
• Two (2) years of experience in Art Therapy, Employment and Educational counseling, training and referrals LCAT preferred.
• Bi-lingual and bi-cultural in Spanish.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent and comprehensive program of benefits for eligible employees that includes: health, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, pension, 401K and paid time off.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.