Program Director - Mental Health Congregate Housing
|Benefits:||Comprehensive benefits, including 90% employer-paid health insurance|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department/Program:||El Rio Residence|
|Description:||Comunilife seeks a leader for its 65 unit supported housing residence in the West Farms section of the Bronx. El Rio is a beautiful state of the art congregate program for individuals with serious mental illness, chronic homelessness and/or substance abuse issues. |
The Program Director is responsible for the overall operation of the El Rio Residence including the direction and the day-to-day operations of all programs' components and staff providing continuous oversight for the client goals of recovery, rehabilitation, and community reintegration by planning and implementing outreach, intake, counseling, crisis intervention, emergency and case management activities.
• Oversee case management activities including assistance with psychological support, education about independent living skills, facilitation of the clients’ health and rehabilitation, lease signing, ensuring clients manage money and pay rent, eviction prevention, etc.
• Direct and supervise staff in health, mental health & substance abuse activities
• Coordinate services with other community services such as inpatient, outpatient, emergency, health homes etc.
• Ensure that the quality system of reporting is used in assessing the efficiency and effectiveness of both staff and the Program. Ensure and maintain policies, principles, and procedures that are in compliance with NYC-DOHMH, NYSOMH, Medicaid, HRA and HUD databases
• Maintain Quality Improvement Program activities, including but not limited to, databases, daily logs, progress notes, and ensure that client charts are appropriately maintained up-to-date.
• Prepare any and all reports and correspondence relative to the Programs as requested by the Federal, State, City or other funding sources. Responsible for addressing and correcting any and all deficiencies which may be cited as a result of audits conducted by the funding sources.
|Qualifications:||REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:|
• Extensive knowledge of the NYC housing system and resources, eligibility criteria and ability to negotiate and navigate the NYC Department of Homeless and shelter system.
• Thorough knowledge of program development, implementation methodology, and research methods and techniques.
• Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of subordinate clinical and administrative staff. Responsible, organized, efficient and ability to fulfill multiple assignments simultaneously.
• Substantive experience to administer, manage and monitor congregate housing program services for the seriously and persistent mentally ill individuals and understand program regulations and guidelines.
• Candidate must be community minded with demonstrated knowledge of psychiatric diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW); LMSW or LCSW: or Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology
• Three (3) years of post-graduate, direct clinical mental health experience as well as three to five or more years’ experience in administration and management of operating congregate residential programs and providing direct services related to the treatment and recovery of chronically homeless, persistent mentally ill individuals afflicted with multiple health conditions and substance abuse issues
• Bilingual skills in English and Spanish are preferred
Comunilife provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.