Clinic Registrar - Vida Guidance Center
|Location:||New York City, NY|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department/Program:||Clinics-VIDA Guidance Ctr|
|Description:||The Clinic Registrar is responsible for registering patients and scheduling their appointments while delivering service “with a smile” as the core responsibilities for this position. Other duties include insurance verification; data entry into a Windows based system (IMA) and familiarity with HIPAA regulations. Strong customer service skills and a sense of compassion are a must. The Clinic Registrar will have frequent contact with many internal and external stakeholders, including third party payers.|
1. Greets and directs patients and clinic visitors; direct all visitors to the appropriate services.
2. Provide efficient and professional telephone services; transfer calls as directed.
3. Register new patients using IMA Medicaid billing coding system and schedule returning patients for appointments.
4. Keeps appropriate documentation of all records indicated above as well as cases not accepted for treatment and monitor and keep records of Waiting List for follow up.
5. Verify insurance coverage with each return visit.
6. Update insurance information in systems.
7. Follow-up on insurance authorization with Third Party Payors, as needed.
8. Consult with Senior Clinic Registrar, Clinic Revenue Manager and professional staff regarding clinical issues.
|Qualifications:||REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES|
1. Must be able to provide services in a fast paced clinic with high traffic.
2. Solid understanding of medical billing procedures. Familiarity with Medical Billing software (IMA a plus).
3. Understand basic accounting principals and requires the ability to organize and manager a high number of claims detail.
4. Work well in a team environment and excellent communication skills especially as it relates to clinicians.
5. Ability to handle confidential information with discretion, HIPAA knowledge mandatory.
6. Proficient in Microsoft Office Products such as Word, Excel, Billing and Clinical software.
7. Community minded, patient, creative, flexible, compassionate, and culturally sensitive to persons who are diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness.
Education and Experience Requirement(s)
High School Diploma/ GED required
Bilingual in Spanish required
Must be proficient in MS Office functions including basic word processing, spreadsheet & database skills, in addition to billing software
Similar salaried experience preferred
IMA a plus Knowledge of IMA plus working with SPMI, MICA, and HIV/AIDS afflicted adult population a
experience in a clinical setting preferred
General clinic and office environment.
Certifications & Licenses Required
This is a full-time 40 hours per week position. Core business hours at Vida Guidance Center are Monday to Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Extended hours include Monday to Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturdays, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. The schedules are subject for modification based on Clinic needs.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.