Mental Health Counselor - HRA Vida Pathways (Brooklyn)
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Do you want to be part of the solution to New York City’s homelessness problem? |
If so, we welcome you to join our growing agency!
AGENCY DESCRIPTION: Comunilife Inc., a multi-service, non-profit organization founded in 1989, offers a continuum of residential programs for adults with HIV/AIDS and/or serious mental illness, a licensed mental health clinic and other programs in NYC. Our mission is to improve the quality of life and create a healthier tomorrow for New Yorkers with special needs in the Hispanic and broader communities.
Job Openings: Mental Health Counselor in HASA Scatter Site Apartment Housing Program
Job Locations: Brooklyn
The Mental Health Counselor provides mental health services for adults living with HIV/AIDS, all of whom reside in scatter-site apartments located in the above-mentioned boroughs. The MH Counselor’s responsibilities include completing comprehensive mental health assessments and all required documentation, providing individual and group counseling, and linking clients to community-based medical, mental health, and other services. The Mental health counselor makes home visits to clients’ apartments and escort clients as needed.
We are looking for a compassionate, supportive, organized and dependable counselor with excellent verbal, written and active listening communication skills, who will collaborate with team members and community providers in supporting our clients and ensuring they receive all needed services.
• Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Human Services, or a related health field;
• Familiarity with HIV/AIDS and substance abuse disorders;
• Prefer one (1) to three (3) years of work experience counseling individuals with HIV/AIDS and/or mental health diagnoses;
• Experience counseling individuals, groups and/or families.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule including some evenings.
• Home visits and fieldwork are required.
• Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred.
Comunilife offers ongoing staff training and opportunities for professional growth and advancement within the agency. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including comprehensive, moderately-priced health insurance and a pension plan.