Substance Abuse Counselor - Multiple Locations (the Bronx & Brooklyn)
|Location:||Bronx/ Brooklyn , NY|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive benefits, including 90% employer-paid health insurance|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Substance Abuse Counselor determines the clients needs for counseling and/or rehabilitation. Responsibilities include assessments, provision of services, individual, group, family - coordination of services with providers within and outside Comunilife. Monitoring and re-assessing clients needs for treatment and community education on chemical dependency related issues. Field work may be required. |
Comunilife has Substance Abuse Counselor openings in the Bronx and in Brooklyn.
The Bronx programs include:
• Dona Rosita I / Crotona - This is a shared position amongst
two programs. Dona Rosita I provides permanent housing.
Crotona provides transitional housing. Both programs
services individuals living with HIV/AIDs.
• Safe Haven II - offers care management to homeless
• 1815-17 West Farms - focuses on formerly homeless
individuals with HIV/AIDs.
The Brooklyn programs include:
• Dona Rosita II - services individuals living with HIV/AIDs.
• Woodhull - services mentally ill and medically fragile
individuals, while also offering lottery apartments to the community.
• Conduct initial and annual substance abuse assessments including substance abuse assessments.
• Collaborate with clients and staff in the development of the initial comprehensive service plans and plan revisions, including identifying mutually agreed upon long and short-term substance abuse related goals.
• Provide individual, family and group substance abuse counseling.
• Advocacy and referrals to community-based substance abuse programs as needed.
• Documents all services provided in a timely manner as required.
• Participate in training, workshops, seminars and case conference as well as meetings was required.
|Qualifications:||REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS: |
• Knowledge of treatment interventions and wellness management practices for persons chronic health conditions, as well as serious mental illness and substance abuse disorders;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and other applications
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Associates Degree in human services or related field
• Credentialed Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor; CASAC-T required, CASAC preferred
• Two years (2) experience with persons with chronic health and/or mental health conditions and/or substance abuse disorders;
• Bilingual skills in English/Spanish is preferred
Comunilife provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.