Program Director - Supported Housing Queens
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Salary Range:||Very Competitive / Senior Management Position|
|Benefits:||Generous benefits including pension plan & low employee insurance contributions|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department/Program:||Queens SS Program|
|Description:||We are looking for a Program Director for our Queens Supported Housing Programs, serving individuals with issues involving Mental Health or HIV/AIDS.. The program provides a full range of care management and supportive services to clients to enable them to live independently in the community. Responsible for the administration of the program, monitoring of program services, building relationships with local service providers, supervision/oversight/evaluation of staff. Ensuring that all services, procedures, and documentation are in compliance with all regulatory and agency mandates.|
|Duties:||• Plan, develop, and monitor day-to-day operations of supported housing units in Queens for seriously and persistently mentally ill (SPMI) persons, many of whom also have substance abuse disorders|
• Maintain contracted levels of service; select, train, supervise, and evaluate staff
• Building relationships with other local agencies, such as state psychiatric institutions, community residences and hospitals.
• Communicating with OMH, HRA and other relevant state, city, and borough-based agencies, programs and service providers.
• Work with landlords to secure available, appropriate and affordable apartments for clients.
• Conducting site visits and emergency home visits.
• Client screening and assigning clients to staff.
• Coordinate and supervise housing care management activities, such as service plans, locating apartments and moving, psychological support, preventing eviction, education about independent living skills and safety, advocacy with landlords and housing courts, vocational services, client rehabilitation, etc.
|Qualifications:||LMSW, LCSW, or other NYS Clinical License required |
Must have demonstrated experience/ability in leading and managing programs of similar type/size; three years staff supervisory experience + Solid clinical experience with homeless, mentally ill, substance abuse afflicted adult population preferred.; community-minded + knowledge of psychiatric diagnosis & treatment of mental illness + superior verbal & written communication skills preferred.
Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds).
General Office Environment.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.