Substance Abuse Counselor - Bronx
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Salary Range:||Competitive + Generous Benefits|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department/Program:||DHS - Safe Haven II|
|Description:||The Substance Abuse Counselor completes initial and annual substance abuse assessments for all clients, participates in the development of the initial service plan and its revisions, and provides individual, family and group substance abuse counseling and advocacy and referrals to community programs as needed. The Substance Abuse Counselor monitors clients’ attendance at programs and provides documentation of all contacts. |
|Duties:||Include and are not limited to:|
1. Conduct initial and annual substance abuse assessments including substance abuse assessments.
2. Collaborate with clients and staff in the development of the initial comprehensive service plans and plan revisions, including identifying mutually agreed upon long and short-term substance abuse related goals.
3. Provide individual, family and group substance abuse counseling.
4. Advocacy and referrals to community-based substance abuse programs as needed.
5. Documents all services provided in a timely manner as required.
|Qualifications:||CASAC or LM/LCSW required|
Similar salaried experience & bilingual Spanish preferred