Accounts Payable Specialist
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Salary Range:||$38,000 to $43,000|
|Benefits:||Full benefits, health insurance, pension|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for providing pertinent accounts payable support to the Finance Department and the assigned Comunilife Programs. Must work well with Central Administration team - VP of Finance, Senior Accountant, Junior Accountant, Director of Contracts, Accounts Payable Coordinator. Frequent interaction with Vendors, Government Contracts, Program Directors, Asst. Directors. Reports to the Assistant Vice President of Finance. |
|Duties:||1) Receive, code, prepare check extensions and post to the general ledger vendor invoices, petty cash requests and employee expense requests.|
2) Ensure payments comply with contract provisions, and include signatures from approving officials prior to final disbursement.
3) Resolve contract, invoice or payment discrepancies and documentation.
4) Code all service program invoices.
5) Maintain and organize vendor files including keeping up-to-date W-9ís.
6) Correspond with vendors/Program departments/employees and respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
7) Assist with month/quarter end closing.
8) Reconcile monthly accounts payable statements
9) Make follow-up calls to gather pertinent information from clients and vendors
10) File, fax, photocopy coding materials, as needed.
11) Provide supporting documentation for multiple annual audits.
|Qualifications:||1. Solid understanding of service program coding, accounting methods and practices a must. Requires the ability to perform detailed addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; ability to calculate exact decimals and percentages; may require ability to utilize principles of fractions and/or interpret graphs. Attention to detail a must. Good time management skills required.|
2. Requires the ability to carry out accounting instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form. Involves semi-routine standardized work with some latitude of independent judgment concerning choices of action. Clear written and verbal communication skills, and ability to organize and write procedures in a logical/methodical manner. Well-developed administrative skills.
3. Work well in a team environment and experience working with a diverse group of people, good customer orientation, and hardworking. Takes initiative to learn Comunilife mission, vision and Comunilife affiliate businesses: Home Assistance Technicians (HAT); and itís various HIV/AIDS and Mental Health Programs.
4. Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and integrity a must
5. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Accounting software.
Education and Experience Requirement(s)
Associates Degree or two years of experience in a similar role. Basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database skills, proficiency in Great Plains (preferred). Excellent oral and written communication skills.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.