Food Handler PT - DR I
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Department/Program:||Dona Rosita I|
|Description:||Responsible for the receiving, storing, serving food to residents and maintaining a clean environment for a congregate housing facility for people living with HIV/AIDS, severe and persistent mental illness, and substance abuse. Required to cover dinner, including weekends. Other responsibilities include working harmoniously with Comunilife Program staff in accordance with Comunilife principles and guidelines. Reports to the Assistant Program Director or other designee.|
|Duties:||1. Bring food and other supplies to serving areas.|
2. Take out milk from refrigerator for distribution to our residents.
3. Serve residentsí meals in accordance with scheduled meal periods.
4. Prepare cup of desserts for our residents.
5. Set and wait on tables and assist residents, as needed.
6. Clean dining room(s) and service areas, including equipment, tables, chairs, etc.
7. Prepare and provide snacks for residents, as scheduled.
8. Collect and dispose of trash and garbage, after each meal.
9. Maintain inventory and requisition of supplies and utensils, as needed
10. Perform other related duties, as assigned by Assistant Program Director
|Qualifications:||1. Community minded, patient, creative, flexible, compassionate, and culturally sensitive to persons who are diagnosed with HIV+/AIDS, severe and persistent mental illness or substance abuse individuals. |
2. Working knowledge of principles and practices of a Qualifying Certificate in Food Protection, the Programsí house rules or guidelines, and the Comunilife Employee Manual.
3. Responsible, organized, effective and efficient. Ability to perform within a team and accomplish multiple assignments simultaneously.
4. Skill to communicate effectively in writing, vocally, and to listen actively.
5. Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with other Comunilife employees, Federal, State, and City officials, professional and technical groups, clients, and the general public.