Assistant Vice President for Program Administration
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Benefits:||Full Benefit Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Vice President of Administration position is responsible for supervising and directing program administrative functions including: facilities management (building maintenance, vehicles, work orders, etc.); housing unit (apartment finding and lease management); purchasing and procurement; management of legal cases; management of vendors (including meals catering, electricity, plumbing, heating/air conditioning, etc.) all in accordance with funders requirements and Comunilife standards, mission, objectives and policies. Reports to the Senior Vice President for Programs.|
|Duties:||1. Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's program administration function and performance.|
2. Supervise all key staff for each program administrative function as listed above.
3. Work in collaboration with IT, Finance, Contracts, HR, VP and AVPs.
4. Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by reinforcing and/or analyzing the established systems to improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the assigned Departments.
5. Provide technical/professional advice and knowledge to others within the various administrative areas assigned.
6. Continual improvement of the budgeting process for the administrative operation through education of department managers on budgetary issues impacting their budgets and ongoing departmental performance to the budget
7. In the area of Facility Management, determine adequacy of locations from logistics and human resources perspectives for both present as well as future needs of the organization.
8. In Facility Management, determine the needs for, assess the viability of internal or external sourcing of, and manage the ongoing provision of activities and services for telecommunications (in collaboration with IT) and data systems, building maintenance (boiler, AC, violations) and security, travel reservations, transportation and fleet management (violations, registrations, etc.) and records management (work orders).
9. In Purchasing and Procurement, determine the needs in collaboration with AVPs and Program Directors, oversee procurement process to meet quality, time and budget parameters, , track and manage expenses to prevent overspending, develop system for inventory, assess vendor list,
10. In Housing .provide administrative support and guidance to housing team/apartment finders.
11. Evaluate the administrative division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
1. Strategic and Analytical Thinking.
2. Problem Solving/Analysis.
3. Financial Management.
4. Project Management.
5. Communication Proficiency.
6. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
7. Hands-On Management Style
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within facilities, housing, purchasing & procurement and any other assigned.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duty of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; climb stairs. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. 35 hours per week; evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel to the programs located in the Bronx, Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
1. Masterís degree in Business or Public Administration or related degree.
2. Ten to Fifteen years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in several of the administrative areas and at the highest level of a corporation.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents.
2. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints