Assistant Vice President for Operations and Program Administration
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Benefits:||Full Benefit Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||This is a key operational leadership role in a dynamic non-profit. |
The Assistant Vice President of Administration is responsible for supervising and directing functions including: facilities management (building maintenance, vehicles, work orders, etc.); housing units (apartment finding and lease management); purchasing and procurement; stewarding legal cases; vendor management (including catering, electricity, plumbing, heating/air conditioning, etc.) all in accordance with funders requirements and Comunilife standards, mission, objectives and policies.
Reports to the Senior Vice President for Programs.
|Duties:||1. Plan, develop, organize, direct and evaluate the organization's operational and administration functions and performance|
2. Provide direct supervision and dotted line oversight to operations staff
3. Enhance, develop, and enforce policies and procedures; analyze established systems to improve overall operation and effectiveness
4. Provide technical/professional advice and knowledge
5. Support and improve budgeting and spending in operational functions
6. In Facility Management, assess need and viability of internal or external sourcing of activities and services for telecommunications (in collaboration with IT) and data systems, building maintenance (boiler, AC, violations) and security, travel reservations, transportation and fleet management (violations, registrations, etc.) and records management (work orders); manage the ongoing provision of these services
7. In Purchasing and Procurement, determine needs in collaboration with AVPs and Program Directors, oversee procurement process to meet quality, time, and budget parameters; track and manage expenses, develop system for inventory, and assess vendor resources
8. In Housing, provide administrative support and guidance to housing team/apartment finders
9. Evaluate the operations/administrative team structure and performance; provide effective management and leadership
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within facilities, housing, purchasing & procurement and any other assigned.
Travel to the programs located in the Bronx, Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens is expected for this position.
|Qualifications:||Education and Experience:|
1. Masterís degree in Business or Public Administration or related degree
2. 10-15 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in several of the administrative areas and at the highest level of a corporation
1. Strategic and Analytical Thinking
2. Problem Solving/Analysis
3. Financial Management
4. Project Management
5. Communication Proficiency
6. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
7. Hands-On Management Style
1. Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents.
2. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints