Nurse Assessor, RN for OMH Program
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Benefits:||Full Benefit Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department/Program:||OMH Queens SH|
|Description:||Comunilife Inc., a multi-service, non-profit organization founded in 1989, operates a continuum of residential programs for adults with HIV/AIDS and/or serious mental illness and other programs in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan. Our mission is to improve the quality of life and create a healthier tomorrow for New Yorkers with special needs in the Hispanic and broader community. |
Assess, plan and evaluate the health and care of older adults with serious mental illness in community and supportive housing settings. Responsible for performing the duties of a Registered Nurse, including completing health assessments, gathering medical records to further assess the class member’s functional status and coordinating services with other health professionals. The position also requires strong writing and computer skills to ensure compliance with funding. Position requires working in the field.
|Duties:||• In collaboration with the Social Work Assessor, provide professional expertise necessary to make determinations regarding class member’s eligibility.|
• Perform health assessments based on reports from a doctor along with records and medical provider by approving or denying services eligibility.
• Make recommendations related to the care needs regarding the class member’s health and safety welfare.
• Maintain up-to-date charting and other documentation as required.
• Perform home visits on class members, placed on the high risk list.
• Provide crisis intervention, including emergency hospital admission support
• Actively participate in team meetings.
• Coordinate medical/medication services with external providers including primary care and behavioral health clinics, doctors, psychiatrist, and pharmacies.
|Qualifications:||• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.|
• Must be a graduate of an Accredited School for Nursing with NYSED license.
• Certification in geriatric nursing, preferred.
• Previous experience in primary and behavioral health intake assessment
• 5+ experience working with older adults with serious mental illness preferred.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, plus proficient in health related computer applications.
• Bilingual/bi-cultural a plus.
We offer a very competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package including 90% employer paid health insurance and a pension plan.