Social Work Assessor, LCSW for OMH Program
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Benefits:||Full Benefit Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department/Program:||OMH Queens SH|
Comunilife Inc., a multi-service, non-profit organization founded in 1989, operates a continuum of residential programs for adults with HIV/AIDS and/or serious mental illness and other programs in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan. Our mission is to improve the quality of life and create a healthier tomorrow for New Yorkers with special needs in the Hispanic and broader community.
In concert with the nursing assessor, the Social Work Assessor, LCSW, is responsible to assess and place identified class members in our OMH Scatter Site supported housing program, located in Queens. The Assessor is also responsible evaluate the class member’s core health and supportive service needs and recommend key service to assure the services are linked toward client’s housing stability. The position also requires strong writing and computer skills to ensure compliance with funding. Position requires working in the field.
|Duties:||• Perform psychosocial assessment on each identified class members within the identified adult homes |
• Engage in the development of a transition plan to move the residents into independent living arrangements
• Schedule assessments promptly to reduce any delay from in-reach to assessment.
• Implement clinical strategies or interventions according to the established care/transition plan established service plan.
• Evaluate the class member’s and caregiver’s responses to care/transition plan for achievement of realistic person-centered outcomes and advise Care Manager and other team members as appropriate
• Complete assessment packet (HRA201e) and sends any required documentation to identified recipients (OMH, DOH, Housing, and Care Coordination)
• Collaborate with the Nurse Assessor for recommending the type of housing and services on behalf of the class member.
• Perform other duties that may be assigned
|Qualifications:||• MSW and NYS license and current registration as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. |
• At least 5 years’ experience providing direct services to persons with serious mental illness.
• Strong assessment and analytical skills, excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and electronic health record applications.
• Adhere to HIPAA rules and Comunilife’s policies and procedures.
• Bilingual and bi-cultural a plus.
We offer a very competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package including 90% employer paid health insurance and a pension plan.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.