Clinical Coordinator, LMSW - Crotona
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department/Program:||Crotona Transitional Residence|
|Description:||We are looking for a Clinical Coordinator to supervise and train case management staff of the HRA HASA Crotona Transitional Program. The Clinical Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of the delivery of social support services to all clients. The Clinical Coordinator also assists with the intake process of new clients. Major responsibilities include the administration of the program, monitoring of program services, building relationships with other agencies, and the supervision and evaluation of social service staff. |
1) Ensure every client is receiving case management services.
2) Ensure effective delivery of support services from case managers for every client.
3) Coordinate and supervise efforts with case management and maintenance staff to ensure a minimum monthly occupancy rate of 95% is maintained.
4) Coordinate and supervise efforts to place new HASA clients in vacated units within a maximum of 30 days from referral.
5) Ensure that the initial and medical assessments are conducted, and that comprehensive service plans are developed that identify mutually agreed upon long and short-term goals.
6) Review and provide supervision in the development of case management service plans and ensure that reassessments are conducted on a quarterly basis (at minimum) to ensure that services are appropriate for the clients current needs.
7) Provide oversight and supervision in the delivery of mental health and alcohol/substance abuse services and referrals, including assistance in accessing primary medical care, assistance with adherence to medication regiments, activities for daily living, nutritional services, recreation programs, assistance in employment assessments, training, private sector placement, prevention with positives, and delivery of an other services necessary for clients to increase their capacity for independent living.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
Extensive knowledge of principles and practices of HIV/AIDS case management supervision.
Knowledge of HRA Supportive Housing Program guidelines
Responsible, organized, effective, and efficient. Ability to perform multiple assignments simultaneously..
Skill to communicate effectively in writing, vocally, and to listen actively.
Community minded, patient, creative, flexible, compassionate, and culturally sensitive to persons who are diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness.
Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with other Comunilife employees, Federal, State, and City officials, professional and technical groups, clients, and the general public.
Licensed Masters in Social Work (LMSW) or New York State Licensed Certified Social Worker (LCSW).
Two (2) years to five (5) years supervisory experience, overseeing a case management team.
Individual, family and group counseling experience required, particularly with seniors, HIV/AIDS affected populations and/or substance abuse individuals.
Candidates with experience in Scattered Sites Programs, bi-lingual, bi-cultural in Spanish preferred.
Walking and climbing stairs.
General office work environment. This is a full time, forty-hour (40) a week job. Evenings and weekends are required to meet program needs.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent and comprehensive program of benefits for eligible employees that includes: health, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, pension, 401K and paid time off.