Case Manager - Mental Health Congregate Housing
|Benefits:||Comprehensive benefits, including 90% employer-paid health insurance|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department/Program:||El Rio Residence|
|Description:||Comunilife seeks a case manager for its 65 unit supported housing residence in the West Farms section of the Bronx. El Rio is a beautiful state of the art congregate program for individuals with serious mental illness, chronic homelessness and/or substance abuse issues. |
|Duties:||Responsibilities Include: |
• Perform all activities related to case management for assigned caseload including initial assessment(s), timely comprehensive service plans, service plan reviews and progress notes.
• Maintain and document liaisons with other agencies providing services to assigned cases.
• Provide supportive counseling and crisis intervention as needed.
• Monitor compliance and management of the client’s health, mental health and substance abuse treatment needs.
• Provide assistance with all ADL activities to maintain clients’ independence in the community.
• Advocacy and referral as needed.
• Monitor and re-assess client’s needs for treatment and community education on chemical dependency related issues.
|Qualifications:||REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS: |
• Experience with HIV/AIDS afflicted individuals, chronic mental illness, substance abuse individuals and their families
• Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills required
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2-3 consecutive years of work experience in substance abuse and HIV/AIDS issues.
• Valid CASAC or CASAC-T
• Bilingual skills in English/Spanish preferred
Comunilife provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.