Program Director - Woodhull Residence
|Benefits:||Comprehensive benefits, including 90% employer-paid health insurance|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Woodhull Residence provides housing and supportive services to mentally ill and medically fragile individuals, while also offering affordable housing to the community. |
You will be responsible for the overall operation of the Residence including the direction and day-to-day operations of all programs' components and staff.
• Oversee case management activities including psychological support, education about independent living skills and safety, facilitation of clients’ health and rehabilitation through direct services, advocacy and referrals for mental health, medical and substance abuse services, along with psychosocial, educational, vocational services.
• Direct and supervise staff in health, mental health and substance abuse activities, lead team meetings, conduct individual supervision and provide exemplary leadership and program management
• Coordinate with other community services such as inpatient, outpatient, emergency, day treatment, Health Homes and others to ensure comprehensive access to services
• Ensure accurate reporting and efficient and effective staff practices; develop and maintain policies, principles, and procedures that are in compliance with NYC-DOHMH, NYSOMH, Medicaid, HRA, and HUD and other relevant state, city, and borough-based agencies, programs and services
• Maintain Quality Improvement Program activities, ensure that charts are appropriately maintained; track and monitor required weekly contacts; collaboration and coordination of health, mental health and substance abuse services; environmental inspections and repairs, etc.
• Prepare reports and correspondence as requested by the Federal, State, City or other funding sources; responsible for managing audit responses
|Qualifications:||REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:|
• Extensive knowledge of the NYC housing system and resources, eligibility criteria and ability to negotiate and navigate the NYC Department of Homeless and shelter system.
• Thorough knowledge of program development, implementation methodology, and research methods and techniques.
• Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of subordinate clinical and administrative staff. Responsible, organized, efficient and ability to fulfill multiple assignments simultaneously.
• Substantive experience to administer, manage and monitor congregate housing program services for the seriously and persistent mentally ill individuals and understand program regulations and guidelines.
• Candidate must be community minded with demonstrated knowledge of psychiatric diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW); LMSW or LCSW: or Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology
• Three (3) years of post-graduate, direct clinical mental health experience as well as three to five or more years’ experience in administration and management of operating congregate residential programs and providing direct services related to the treatment and recovery of chronically homeless, persistent mentally ill individuals afflicted with multiple health conditions and substance abuse issues
• Bilingual skills in English and Spanish are a plus
Comunilife provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.