Substance Abuse Counselor - Woodhull Residence
|Salary Range:||Comprehensive benefits, including 90% employer-paid health insurance|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||A brand new program in Brooklyn providing permanent housing and supportive services to mentally ill and medically fragile individuals, along affordable housing for community members. |
The Substance Abuse Counselors assess clients needs, create patient-centered treatment plans, and provide individual, group, and family counseling. Responsibilities include assessments, coordination of services, psycho-education, referrals, and appropriate documentation. Fieldwork may be required.
• Conduct initial and annual substance abuse assessments including substance abuse assessments.
• Collaborate with clients and staff in the development of the initial comprehensive service plans and plan revisions, including identifying mutually agreed upon long and short-term substance abuse related goals.
• Provide individual, family and group substance abuse counseling.
• Advocacy and referrals to community-based substance abuse programs as needed.
• Documents all services provided in a timely manner as required.
• Participate in training, workshops, seminars and case conference as well as meetings was required.
• Perform any other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS: |
• Knowledge of treatment interventions and wellness management practices for persons chronic health conditions, as well as serious mental illness and substance abuse disorders;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and other applications
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Associates Degree in human services or related field
• Credentialed Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor; CASAC-T required, CASAC preferred
• Two years (2) experience with persons with chronic health and/or mental health conditions and/or substance abuse disorders;
• Bilingual skills in English/Spanish is preferred
Comunilife provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.