Vocational & Benefits Counselor - Woodhull Residence
|Salary Range:||Comprehensive benefits, including 90% employer-paid health insurance|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Vocational Counselor is responsible for providing vocational services to clients living at the Woodhull Residence: assessing/evaluating level of education, work experience and aptitude; formulating a vocational and/or Employment Plan for clients which will become part of the service plan(s); and, assisting and providing instruction in the preparation of resumes, referrals for job training, trade school and other institutions. Accompanying clients in the field may be required.|
|Duties:||Responsibilities Include: |
• Assess clients ability and motivation for psycho-social rehabilitation (educational, vocational and employment)
• Provide referrals to employment programs for training and placement for competitive, supported or volunteer job opportunity.
• Provide supportive counseling and vocational related services to clients/families,
• Assist in the development and implementation of the comprehensive service plans and service plan reviews that identify mutually agreed upon long and short-term vocational/employment related goals.
• Provide assistance in activities for daily living; assistance in employment assessments, training, and private sector placement services; and other necessary services to clients to increase their capacity for independent living.
• Provide linkage to other Educational and Vocational Programs in the community.
|Qualifications:||REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:|
• Knowledge of principles and practices of Psycho-social Rehabilitation with chronic/clinically ill individuals.
• Knowledge of HRA Supportive Housing Program Desk Guide
• Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with Federal, State, and City officials, professional and technical groups, clients, and the general public.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors Degree in Human Services, Education or related area and two (2) years experience in Vocational
• Employment and Educational counseling, training and referrals particularly with HIV+/AIDS affected populations and/or substance abuse individuals.
• Preference given to persons with experience in Scattered Sites Programs
• Bilingual skills in English/Spanish is a plus
Comunilife provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.