Mental Health Counselor/ Case Manager - West Farms Residence
|Benefits:||Comprehensive benefits, including 90% employer-paid health insurance|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department/Program:||West Farms Residence|
|Description:||The Mental Health Counselor provides services to individuals who have been formerly homeless with special needs, while also offering lottery apartments to the community. This a dual position of a Mental Health Counselor/ Case Manager who will provide supportive services for clients living with mental illness, and their families. Responsibilities include completing progress notes, mental health and psycho-social assessments, collaborating in the development and implementation of service plan(s), and providing culturally competent and empathetic direct services that support the clients recovery, vocational, interpersonal goals. Fieldwork may be required.|
• Provide mental health services and assist with adherence to medication regimens; activities for daily living; nutritional services; recreation programs; assistance in employment assessments, training; prevention with positives; and other necessary services to clients to increase their capacity for independent living
• Provide supportive counseling and encouragement in support of adherence to clinical therapies.
• Develop and implement weekly groups on Mental Health Education and Support sessions, including sessions on psycho-pharmacological medications and their interactions with other medications.
• Complete, in a timely manner, all required documentation including comprehensive assessments, reassessments, progress notes of all contacts with
• Participate in case conferences, trainings, workshops and seminars as well as meetings with peers and supervisors as required.
|Qualifications:||We are looking for a compassionate, flexible, energetic, patient and organized individual with extensive knowledge of community mental health resources, counseling processes and practices.|
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Masters Degree in Social Work with licensure (LMSW); or Mental Health Counseling (LMHC); or limited permit-MHC
• Two (2) years work experience
• Experience with HIV/AIDS afflicted individuals, chronic mental illness, substance abuse individuals and their families preferred
• Bilingual skills in English/Spanish preferred
Comunilife provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.