Case Manager - La Central
|Benefits:||Comprehensive benefits, including 90% employer-paid health insurance|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||La Central services individuals who have been formerly homeless with special needs, while also offering lottery apartments to the community. Case Managers are a fundamental part of the program. |
The Case Manager completes required documentation in a timely manner and participates in case conferences, on-site and community-based meetings and trainings as required. Fieldwork may be required.
- Completing comprehensive assessments, service plans, progress notes, monitoring and re-assessing client’s needs for treatment.
- Providing community education on chemical dependency related issues.
- Develop supportive relationships with clients; link them to community based medical and mental health care.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Provide support with accessing primary medical care and other necessary services to increase clients’ capacity for independent living
- Monitor clients’ progress
- Provide individual and group workshops.
|Qualifications:||We are looking for a compassionate, flexible, energetic, patient and organized individual with extensive knowledge of community mental health resources, counseling processes and practices.|
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services or related field; Credentialed Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counseling (CASAC-T or CASAC) is a plus
- Two (2) years’ work experience
- Experience with HIV/AIDS afflicted individuals, chronic mental illness, substance abuse individuals and their families a plus
- Bilingual skills in English/Spanish a plus
Comunilife provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.