|Location:||New York, NY|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive benefits, including 90% employer-paid health insurance|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Under the management of the VP for Real Estate and Asset Management, the Property Manager will process leases, rent notices, prepare rental reports; monitor building operations, and work with the facilities manager, and assist in monitoring building compliance with programmatic goals and contract requirements.|
|Duties:||● Fiscal Accountability for Rental Income: Manage all aspects of leasing, vacancy management, rent collection, lease signings and all related functions based on contract requirements. Ensure that rent collection meets established targets. Work closely with the senior compliance officer on initial leases, tenant income verification, and timely lease renewals. |
● Analysis and Reporting: Review reports for monitoring performance of properties owned and managed by the agency. Conduct, review and refine the analysis of real estate transactions to adhere to a schedule of obligations and due dates. Identify operational issues that require action. Prepare documents related to the status of the agency’s rental property.
● Monitoring and Maintaining Physical Conditions: Work collaboratively with the facilities maintenance manager to ensure physical improvements are made in an efficient and cost effective manner. Coordinate management of property acquisitions to improve overall performance of the Comunilife housing portfolio. Monitor conditions at scattered site locations as needed. Prepare reports required for board, internal management, funders and investors.
● Project Administration, Managing & Reporting on Existing and New LIHTC/ Affordable Housing: Coordinate marketing in accordance with governmental marketing plan requirements; lease-up units with potential residents, government agencies and others to ensure that occupancy and financial goals and restrictions are met. Perform residential leasing to meet planned milestones and to finish scheduled activities on time and within budget. Work with facilities management and compliance team to resolve operational issues that may arise. Assure compliance with tax credit, bond and other agreements.
|Qualifications:||Education and Experience Requirement(s):|
● Associates degree from a two-year college or university and a minimum of three years of professional experience in affordable property management, housing development, urban planning, community development, or related field; or Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and minimum of two years of professional experience in affordable property management, housing development, urban planning, community development, or related field
● Experience with application of low-income housing tax credits is required
● Experience in the development and leasing of supportive housing for special needs and low-income populations is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Ability to successfully manage a large number of unrelated tasks and projects simultaneously
● Excellent financial and analytical skills
● Strong written and oral communication skills
● Familiarity with LIHTC and New York City government and the not-for-profit sector a plus
● Understanding of affordable and supportive housing and agency mechanisms that have relevance and provide funding for these projects.
● Understanding of and commitment to organization’s mission, vision, and values
● Ability to handle complex challenges and balance multiple demands on time and attention