Substance Abuse Counselor (Part Time) - La Central
|Benefits:||Comprehensive benefits, including 90% employer-paid health insurance|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||A brand new program in the Bronx servicing individuals who have been formerly homeless with special needs, while also offering lottery apartments to the community. |
The Substance Abuse Counselors assess clients’ needs, create patient-centered treatment plans, and provide individual, group, and family counseling. Responsibilities include assessments, coordination of services, psychoeducation, referrals, and appropriate documentation. Fieldwork may be required.
• Conduct initial and annual substance abuse assessments including substance abuse assessments.
• Collaborate with clients and staff in the development of the initial comprehensive service plans and plan revisions, including identifying mutually agreed upon long and short-term substance abuse related goals.
• Provide individual, family and group substance abuse counseling.
• Advocacy and referrals to community-based substance abuse programs as needed.
• Documents all services provided in a timely manner as required.
• Participate in training, workshops, seminars and case conference as well as meetings was required.
|Qualifications:||• Bachelor’s Degree in human services or related field|
• Credentialed Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor; CASAC-T required, CASAC preferred
• Two (2) years’ work experience with persons with chronic health and/or mental health conditions and/or substance abuse disorders
• Bilingual skills in English/Spanish a plus
Comunilife provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.