Director of Staff Development and Training
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Director of Staff Development and Training will assess, conduct and supervise training and development programs for employees to develop skills, enhance productivity and quality of work, and build retention and employee satisfaction and loyalty. The Director of Staff Development and Training will design training materials and curricula, deliver training and coordinate the agency-wide staff development efforts with a focus on incorporating training, development and employee engagement in our workforce to develop the human capital necessary to actualize our commitment toward achieving our shared agency mission. Reports to the Vice President for Human Resources. |
|Duties:||ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE:|
• Conducts training and development needs assessment. Proposes and designs and implements training and staff development programs and objectives.
• Participates in managing compliance training programs to remain in compliance with regulatory agencies.
• Develops effective training materials utilizing a variety of media or recommends available resources.
• Participates in efforts to develop and maintain organizational training calendar and communications such as bulletin boards and newsletters to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources.
• Collaborates to ensure effective onboarding of all new employees across a variety of disciplines and occupations, including by role and job function.
• Trains and coaches managers, supervisors, etc. in employee development efforts. Ensure all newly hired and promoted supervisors receive appropriate new supervisor training.
• Create and implement tools and systems and metrics to evaluate effectiveness of all training initiatives and conducts follow-up studies of training to evaluate and measure results. Modifies training programs as needed.
• Aligns agency wide training programs with organizational values and history, leadership competencies, strategic plan and overall theory of change.
• Independently and proactively discovers and identifies skill gaps in workforce through focus groups, surveys and other informal methods of feedback. Identify and coordinate key skills training across related job/position families. Helps develop an organizational methodology for creating an internal talent pipeline.
• Identifies and effectively manages relationships with expert external training consultants to provide to fill internal training capacity gaps.
• Build and maintain training resource library and learning and training tools and resources. Plans, organizes, facilitates and orders supplies for employee development and training events.
|Qualifications:||REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:|
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and minimum of five years of professional experience in training, development, teaching, course design, learning management systems or related field; or Master’s degree and two years of professional experience.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in the areas of Transitional/Supportive /Affordable housing including an understanding of the training requirements associated with the field.
• Familiarity with governmental and foundation funders that Comunilife works as well as identify new funders to address training needs.
• Experience/Strong familiarity with social services software programs, such as AWARDS and CARES.
• Extensive knowledge of the principles of training and staff development programs and ability to analyze and determine the needs of the organization.
• Experience managing and leading training programs preferred.
• Experience with workforce development.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both writing training curricula and delivering group presentations throughout Comunilife.
• Knowledge, experience and demonstrated success with the principles of adult learning and the instructional practice of train-the-trainer.
• Strong consultative and coaching skills and ability to effectively navigate matrixed organizational hierarchies.
• Understanding of career mapping and the ability to help staff think strategically about career progression.
• Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to adapt to various audiences.
• Ability to build relationships and mentorship with all staff levels from line to managerial.
• Strong project management skills with the ability to administer multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload.
• Proficiency in with office software including PowerPoint or other presentation software.
• Works effectively as a team member with other members of department and agency leaders.
• Knowledge and experience with various styles of adult learning in order to create and deliver training to all staff levels.
• Must understand managerial perspective of training needs throughout the organization.
• Must have or be able to access an established network of training facilitators to address analytical, strategic and on-going training needs within Comunilife.
• Experience with the use of technology and learning platforms to deliver and enhance learning among all levels of staff, including understanding how to address the challenges of low technology skills among some staff.
• Understanding of how job functions interact within a program as well as throughout organization.
• Exceptional organizational and administrative skills-cataloging, scheduling, record keeping and ability to use data to identify needs and assess effectiveness.